- Home & News
- JUMP Program
- Get JUMP
- Status of Publications
- Student Resources
- Teacher’s Guides
- SMART Lesson Materials
- Answer Keys
- Units Tests
- Curriculum Guides
- Other Support Materials
- Lessons on Math and the Environment
- Order JUMP Math
- Pricing and Discounts
- Free Samples of School Resources
- Confidence Building Units
- National Book Fund
- REACH Community Fund
- School-wide Adoption Discounts
- About Us
- Support Us
JUMP Math PD Webinars
JUMP Math regularly runs webinars led by one of our Managers of Outreach and Teacher Support or an experienced JUMP Math teacher. Each trainer brings their experience with the program as well as specific areas of expertise.
This webinar will be delivered via the internet. Access information will be sent to all registrants by email prior to the webinar date.
Please check your computer BEFORE the webinar using https://jumpmath.webex.com/jumpmath/systemdiagnosis.php.
How to Reach and Teach Every Child (Introduction)
Focus Audience: Teachers of Grades 1–8, Learning Assistance Specialists, and EAs with little or no experience with JUMP Math.
JUMP Math is a method and philosophy aimed at eradicating math anxiety and enabling students to reach their full potential in mathematics. New work in cognition has shown that mathematical abilities can be developed in all students (even ones who have traditionally struggled at school) through rigorous instruction.
In this two-part webinar we will present a number of proven methods that teachers can use to engage their students in learning mathematics. By using continuous assessment, by breaking explanations into manageable steps, and by challenging students to discover ideas by incrementally raising the bar, teachers can keep their whole class moving along at roughly the same pace. You will:
- Learn about the JUMP Math program, its philosophy and development
- Become familiar with JUMP Math's teacher and student materials
- Learn about JUMP Math teaching strategies
- Discuss practical strategies to develop mental math fluency
- Look at our confidence building unit for engaging reluctant learners
- Learn about strategies to develop solid problem solving skills
This four-hour webinar costs $49. The fee includes Part 1 and Part 2, both of which must be completed in sequence. For your convenience, we run sessions regularly, and each of Part 1 and Part 2 can be completed in a manageable 2 hours. You will receive an e-mail 2 days prior to the webinar containing detailed instructions on how to log in.
Focus Audience: Tutors.
JUMP Math’s Tutoring session is designed to give you the tools and skills as a tutor to effectively utilize the Student Essentials to meet the needs of your students. Ruth Torchinsky, OCT will lead you through the Tutoring webinar and she will:
- Explore how to effectively tutor various skill levels and to instill confidence in your students
- Explain how the JUMP Math Essentials (A, B, C, D) can be effectively used to advance your student's understanding
- Discuss practical strategies to engage all students
This two-hour webinar costs $25. The number of sessions is limited. You will receive an e-mail 2 days prior to the webinar containing detailed instructions on how to log in.
DATES TO COME SOON!
If you need additional information please contact Noreen McLean by email at.
You can also browse our calendar for a full slate of in-person training sessions and our intensive Institutes.Share