Early Bird Sale & Price Increase
Due to significant increases in paper and printing costs, we will be increasing the prices on select JUMP Math print resources for the first time in two years. As of May 1, 2019, the prices of JUMP Math’s Student Assessment & Practice Books, Cahiers, and Teacher Resources will increase by the minimum amount required to cover the increased cost. This will enable us to continue to provide high-quality materials and ensure we have the capacity to support and upgrade our offerings for you and your students.
You can maintain your current rate for the above materials by ordering before May 1, 2019. Also, if you choose to have your order shipped after August 1, 2019 you will receive a 5% discount off current pricing of English and French Student Assessment & Practice Books. This 5% discount does not apply to Teacher Resources!
Click here to download our latest order form. Thank you for your on-going support.
New Canadian Editions
In 2016, JUMP Math undertook a major project to create new editions of our Grade 1-8 resources, starting with Grade 3, and to add a Kindergarten offering. The new resources for Grade 3, Kindergarten, and Grades 1 and 2 are all available now, and the new resources for Grades 4, 5, and 6 and a French edition of the new student books for Grade 3 are being published for the 2018-2019 school year for Grades 3, 4, and 6 and 2019-2020 for Grade 5. Expanded editions of the 2009 Edition Teacher Resources for Grades 7 and 8 are also available now, until major revisions of those grades are released.
New Canadian Edition PowerPoint Digital Lesson Slides, as well as SMART Digital Lesson Slides, for Grades 1 and 2 are now available from our online store. Please note that as of January 1, 2018, the 2009 Edition Grades 1 and 2 AP Books in English are no longer available for purchase.
New Canadian Edition PowerPoint Digital Lesson Slides, as well as SMART Digital Lesson Slides, for Grade 3 are now available from our online store. French translations of the New Canadian Edition AP Books for Grade 3 are available now from University of Toronto Press Distribution, using an updated French Resources order form which may be downloaded here.
JUMP Math is publishing the new Canadian Edition of our Grades 4, 5, and 6 teacher and student resources for 2018-2019 for Grades 4 and 6 and 2019-2020 for Grade 5. The Teacher Resources (TRs) and the Assessment & Practice (AP) Books for Grades 4 and 6 are available now. The TRs and AP Books for Grade 5 will be available in July 2019 for Part 1 and in November 2019 for Part 2.
Here are the key improvements we have made:
- Revised lessons that cover the new British Columbia curriculum, as well as the Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario curricula
- Problem-Solving Lessons that focus on a range of problem-solving strategies and include extensive problems for practising each strategy
- Extended problems that provide challenging opportunities for students to use problem-solving strategies to solve multi-part problems
- Improved TR navigational tools, including a full table of contents showing which lessons to teach to cover your provincial curriculum requirements
- Improved lesson plan format and content, with simplified activities requiring fewer materials and less preparation time, lots of individual student exercises, and extensions
- Shorter units that create diversity of content and ensure that prior knowledge is done first
- Greater focus on the most fundamental topics at each grade level
- Additional focus on mental math in the TR, including number talks to develop communication skills and flexible strategies
- New quizzes and tests for each TR unit, in four versions tailored to the curriculum standards for British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario
Sample lessons from the new Canadian Edition Grades 4 and 6 TRs, Digital Lesson Slides, and AP Books are available here. Sample lessons for Grade 5 will be available in May 2019.
New Canadian Edition Grades 4, 5, and 6 books can be ordered now from University of Toronto Press Distribution, using an updated order form which may be downloaded here.
New Canadian Edition Grades 4, 5, and 6 Quizzes & Tests for each of BC, AB, MB, and ON can be ordered now and are available for Grades 4 and 6 in print and for download here (PDF and Word formats). Quizzes & Tests for Grade 5 Part 1 will be available in August 2019 and for Grade 5 Part 2 in January 2020.
For the new Canadian Editions for Grades 4, 5, and 6, SMART and PowerPoint Digital Lesson Slides for Grades 4 and 6 Part 1 and for Grade 4 Part 2 are available now, from our online store. SMART and PowerPoint Digital Lesson Slides for Grade 6 Part 2 will be available in March 2019. SMART Digital Lesson Slides for Grade 5 Part 1 will be available in August 2019 and for Grade 5 Part 2 in January 2020. PowerPoint Digital Lesson Slides for Grade 5 Part 1 will be available in September 2019 and for Grade 5 Part 2 in February 2020.
- Problem-Solving Lessons that focus, in 10 or 11 lessons per grade, on a range of problem-solving strategies and include extensive problems for practising each strategy
- Extended problems that provide challenging opportunities, in 3 extended problems per grade, for students to use problem-solving strategies to solve multi-part problems
- Improved and expanded quizzes and tests that cover all of the required curriculum material in every unit