National Book Fund, supported by TD Bank Group
Made possible by the generosity of TD Bank Group, the National Book Fund assists motivated teachers in high-need settings as they work to improve the math achievement of all of their students. JUMP Math uses the fund to provide free resources and Professional Development to support math teaching in classrooms across Canada.
National Book Fund data has shown that classes using JUMP Math demonstrate significant improvements in math achievement. Click here to see the reports.
JUMP Math is now accepting applications from teachers for the 2020-2021 school year.
The application window closes at 5pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, March 18th, 2020. Applicants will be notified of JUMP Math’s decision by Friday, April 17th, 2020.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must have a teaching contract for the 2020-2021 school year in a Canadian school
- Applications from teachers who share a class are welcome as long as both teachers agree to the conditions of the award
- The applicant’s class must be able to use JUMP Math’s English language resources for Kindergarten to Grade 8
(French Immersion resources will not be available through the NBF)
- The Principal of the applicant’s school must support the application
(a completed ‘Principal Support Form’ signed by their Principal must be supplied as part of their application)
How will National Book Fund Awardees be chosen?
To receive NBF funding, applicants must commit to:
- Using JUMP Math as a key resource in their classroom
- Completing the ‘National Book Fund – Introduction to JUMP Math’ Professional Development Webinar prior to July 31st, 2020
- Completing the required evaluation surveys and tests:
- Teacher Attitude surveys at the start and end of the school year
- Student Attitude surveys at the start and end of the school year
- WRAT5 testing of their students at the start and end of the school year (if selected as part of the testing group)
Applicants will be asked to:
- Demonstrate they have knowledge of the philosophy behind the JUMP Math program
- Describe the impact and benefits they anticipate from the award of JUMP Math resources and PD, for them and for their students
- Explain how their student demographics make their classroom unique
- Describe what they love about being a teacher
What do successful applicants receive?
If an application is successful, the teacher(s) will be awarded free JUMP Math resources for their classroom and Professional Development from JUMP Math that will allow them and their students to get the maximum benefit from the resources. Awardees will be supplied with:
- A JUMP Math Teacher Resource for each grade to be taught
- JUMP Math Digital Lesson Slides for each grade to be taught in either PowerPoint or SMART Notebook version (SMART Notebook only for Grades 7 & 8)
- JUMP Math Student Assessment & Practice books for the class for each grade taught
- JUMP Math Professional Development
How to apply
Each application requires completion of two forms, the Teacher Application Form and the Principal Support Form.
Applications must be received at the JUMP Math Office by 5pm on Wednesday, March 18th, 2020.
Teacher Application Form
Click here to open the National Book Fund Teacher Application Form (which must be completed online)
Principal Support Form
Click here to download the National Book Fund Principal Support Form
This form must be completed by your Principal and attached as a file to your Teacher Application Form