JUMP Math, an award-winning Canadian charity, develops and supports innovative, research-based resources and professional development used by teachers to foster a deep understanding and love of math in their students.
JUMP Math is hiring!
Director of Development
We are seeking an exceptional Director of Development to work with our Vice-Presidents of Development in Canada and the United States to expand fundraising capacity.
This position will suit an experienced, collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial development professional who enjoys interacting directly with funders and excels in a high-potential, fast-paced environment.
The Director of Development will work with the development team and other JUMP employees to contribute to the achievement of JUMP Math’s fundraising plan and goals. Reporting to the Vice-President of Development and Strategic Partnerships, primary responsibilities include:
- Co-develop and implement annual plan to secure corporate, foundation and individual donations
- Maintain a portfolio of 50+ donor relationships (new and existing); schedule and conduct numerous face-to-face or phone meetings per month with donors or prospects, leading to the submission of significant proposals per year and closing several major gifts per year
- Work closely with Development colleagues to ensure successful execution of fundraising and stewardship strategies to maximize revenues
- Create and manage targeted individual donation campaigns
- Manage development office functions such as gift processing, stewardship, donor communications and reporting
- Conduct research to generate lists of new prospects (foundations, corporations, individuals and government entities), qualify potential major gifts ($25k or more), as well as cultivate and solicit prospects per JUMP Math’s strategies
- Create donor communications pieces including brochures, cases for support, annual reports, newsletters, correspondence, and presentations
- Lead Development team to maximize use of Salesforce (CRM); ensuring it is fully utilized to effectively enter, track, analyze, and compile accurate and up-to-date donor information
- Manage online giving tools, including third party donation platforms such as Canada Helps, Benevity etc. Experience with Frontstream/Panorama is an asset
- Maintain current knowledge of corporate fundraising trends and opportunities to ensure JUMP Math’s development program continues to grow
Qualifications and Experience
- Three to five years of experience and progressive achievement in fundraising including proven ability to cultivate, solicit, and close major gifts; and thorough knowledge of gift development practices and principles
- Experience developing and managing effective relationships with donors, partners and colleagues
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and administrative skills; willingness to ‘roll up sleeves’ to support development office functions as needed, given our small team
- Outstanding interpersonal and public relations skills to communicate effectively with diverse range of donors
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team player who takes initiative
- Demonstrated experience in building and expanding prospect pipelines to ensure the sustainability of annual fundraising
- An excellent listener and communicator, able to elicit donor interests and giving motivations
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), web content management and Internet-based research tools
- AFP membership and CFRE (designation or “in progress”) is an asset
Please forward your application to Claudia De Simone, VP Development & Strategic Partnerships (CA).
No current positions available.